All these years, you have prided yourself on your independence and self-reliance. But, sometimes, you need more than these qualities when seeking workers’ compensation benefits. A workplace injury brings an abrupt halt to the world as you knew it.
You know that you deserve and likely qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. But the process of obtaining those benefits seems confusing. When seeking these important benefits that will help pay for your medical bills and lost wages, you should understand that this is not the time to go it alone. An experienced attorney in workers’ compensation matters makes for the ideal ally.
Gathers evidence, understands appeal process
A skilled and empathetic workers’ compensation attorney understands your worries. How will you provide for your family? How will you pay for the mounting medical expenses? A legal advocate will help you secure those benefits.
Here are some of the ways in which a workers’ compensation attorney helps:
- Providing easy-to-understand explanations regarding the workers’ compensation process and how it will help you.
- Directing you when filing initial claims for benefits, making sure the necessary documents are properly completed.
- Assembling medical evidence and records to support your case.
- Taking the all-important and necessary depositions. This includes getting statements from you (the claimant) along with your physician, medical experts and others who can help your case.
- Represent you in litigation matters in front of a judge or referee. These situations may relate to the denial of benefits, leading to an appeal or even a lawsuit against a third party.
- Seeking benefit extensions if you have not yet fully recovered from injury.
Self-reliance is important to have. However, sometimes, you must admit that teaming with knowledgeable people provides solid support under certain circumstances. Such is the case with workers’ compensation cases. You want an experienced attorney on your side, and you will get one.